Memory: Up to 20% can improve your memory with simple habits that stimulate communication between neurons. And you can achieve it in just 30 days with the challenge that we propose from Saber Vivir.
And it doesn’t matter how old you are: the human brain has an amazing ability to adapt, change, improve, learn, But we insist that it must be stimulated.
Boost your echo in just 30 days with simple gestures that increase neuroplasticity, that is, your neurons’ ability to communicate with each other, and that, in the end, is the finest anti-ageing shield for your cerebrum.
Table of Contents
1. A Challenge Backed by Science
To design the plan that greatest activates your memory, Saber Vivir has interviewed Professor Fernando Gómez-Pinilla of the University of California (UCLA) in the USA, one of the neuroscientists who knows the most about the relationship between healthy lifestyle habits. And the brain.
Dr Gomez-Pinilla assures that, clearly, by taking care of ourselves a little more, our memory can improve up to 20% in a good one month. And at any age, flat if mental agility has been stray. So it is worth a try.
2. The Power of Physical Exercise
Physical exercise is undoubtedly the number 1 pillar to increase neuroplasticity and protect your reminder. The perfect is aerobic exercise, but if the pursuit of your practice also works with other experts, it is even better.
Dancing is one of the most endorse disciplines. It is a good aerobic exercise, but it also works coordination and stimulates the laterality of the brain (movements involving both hemispheres are performed).
If you practice it as a pair, it is even additional beneficial because of the extra effort involved in harmonizing and keeping up with the other person.
To reinforce these skills, you can also apply the exercises that we propose below.
3. Challenge the Mind
Activities that stimulate the mind are needed to be done, achieved, or present; essential.
Similar the necessary complement to physical movement.
Imagine your brain as a flowerpot: if you do sports, the soil is perfectly fertilized; But if you don’t give your neurons work, the plant stays small.
But not just anything works. The activities that stimulate your neurons involve effort and, above all, something new for the brain.
We suggest you look for antidotes to boredom and constantly challenge the mind, even with little gestures:
Use your non-dominant hand. You can do this to broom your teeth, unlocked doors, gust your nose, or dial a phone number. This simple gesture forces your less active brain hemisphere to labour and creates new neural connections.
Discover the art of origami: It is found on the maxim “do not cut, do not glue, just fold,” It is a great workout for the brain.
It makes both hemispheres work, enhances memory, non-verbal thinking, and imagination. Here are some pleasure examples to put into practice.
4. Nurture Your Neurons at the Table
Returning to the pot’s simile, what you eat would be part (like physical exercise) of that essential fertilizer that the plant needs to grow.
Logically, the advice is to eat a healthy diet, but there is a nutrient that is required for your brain: omega 3.
The flavonoids of fruits and vegetables are also essential for their antioxidant power.
Other foods should comprise or contain as part of a whole.
Similar incorporate into your diet to save memory:
- Turmeric: If omega 3 is your brain’s number 1 ally, turmeric will rank second. And all thanks to its high litmus and anti-inflammatory power. Get used to flavouring your dishes with it.
- Kefir and sprouts: They provide probiotics that help balance the intestinal flora. Science has shown that a healthy microbiota is associated with less accumulation of beta-amyloid plaque in the brain.
- Olive oil: The star of the Mediterranean Diet deserves a special mention because it concentrates antioxidants that protect this organ from damage caused by free radicals. Choose it extra virgin.
- Ginkgo Biloba: Improves circulation and increases the arrival of oxygen to the brain; therefore, it is considered one of the memory enhancers. It should not be taken together with anti-inflammatories such as ibuprofen or blood thinners.
5. Improve Memory: Your Challenge of the Month
If you put all these tips into practice, you will notice how your mental agility improves, your concentration improves, and you have less confusion.
And you don’t have to fund a lot of time. The important thing is to be consistent with the plan to improve your memory in just 30 days.