Oatmeal absorbs all the dirt and residues that accumulate in the pores, keeping the skin’s pH balanced naturally. Also, the oils in oats highly recommend avoiding dehydration.
With these nine compelling reasons, are you going to be encouraged to include this healthy cereal in your daily diet?
9 Benefits of Consuming Oatmeal
All experts agree that it is a very healthy food from a nutritional point of view. We tell you why to include oats in your daily diet.
1. Helps you lose weight
- A good breakfast of base oats will keep your stomach satisfied for longer than if you Thomases a processed cereal.
- Oatmeal is a source of slowly absorbed carbohydrates; that is, it keeps you satiated and makes you want to eat for a long time.
- An excellent way to drink it is by preparing a porridge (or porridge) that you can accompany with fresh fruit and nuts. You will have a complete breakfast!
2. Controls blood sugar levels
- It is undoubtedly good news for people who have diabetes, since, being a good source of fiber.
- Oatmeal helps reduce the absorption of sugar in the intestine, and therefore also lowers blood levels.
3. Improves digestion
- The oats recommended for persons with constipation due to its high cereal insoluble fiber, which facilitates intestinal transit.
- It helps digest food and regulates our digestive system, even improving it.
4. Cholesterol at bay
- A component of oats called Beta-glucan (fiber) works beneficially for people who have high cholesterol.
Consuming it every day is an excellent way to lower triglyceride and “bad” blood cholesterol levels.
- Also, it is good for the heart, since it contains a large amount of omega 3 acids and linoleic acids (good fats) that also help increase good cholesterol.
- Consuming both whole grains and fiber lowers your risk of high blood pressure and heart attack.
5. Great source of energy and protection
- It is recommended to consume it first thing in the morning or before noon, especially for people who spend many hours away from home.
- Also, oatmeal helps support the immune system.
6. Prevents diseases
- The consumption of oats prevents hypothyroidism since it contains iodine, a mineral that makes the thyroid gland work properly.
- Furthermore, the expectorant and mucolytic properties of oats improve cough and bronchitis problems.
- An increase in this type of cereal can reduce the risk of asthma in children by up to 50%.
7. Helps the nervous system and bones
- Thanks to the B vitamins that oats contain, it develops, maintains, and balances the functioning of the nervous system.
- It has a large amount of calcium, which helps to avoid the demineralization of bones and prevents osteoporosis.
8. Regenerates tissues
- In total, there are eight essential amino acids in oats, making it a valuable source of protein, allowing new fabrics to form in the body.
9. Allied to beauty treatments
- The properties of oats are not in use when ingesting it. We can also use it for our aesthetic routine. For example, if we mix it with a moisturizer, we can turn it into a face scrub.