5 Fattening Foods
Salad is always the right choice, isn’t it? Not entirely true, because it depends on the composition. The 5 fattening foods mistakes to avoid when preparing salad
We want to do something good for our figure and put a salad at noon. You can eat as much of it you like anyway – right? Not always! Because although the green lunch has hardly any calories, with the wrong ingredients, there are some hearty calories hidden in the salad.
Mistake 1: Use a Ready Dressing
- The finished salad dressing from the supermarket is practical, but far from good. It hides a lot of extra calories.
- Ready-made sauces often include creamy mayonnaise, creme fraiche or cream. In addition, there are about two cubes of sugar per 30 milliliters!
- A dressing is quick and easy to make yourself. But be careful: olive or rapeseed oil brings some calories with it.
- Sauces based on lime or grapefruit and balsamic vinegar are more suitable.
Mistake 2: Overdo the Cheese
- The popular salad ingredient is fully pumped with protein, but can also be very high in calories and fat in large quantities.
- For every 100 grams of cheese, there is up to 35 percent protein. A large handful of feta cheese or a whole pack of mozzarella can quickly break the calorie account.
- Therefore be careful when serving!
- Alternatively, you can grab cottage cheese or parmesan chips. These variants are much lower in fat.
Mistake 3: Many Different Fat Suppliers
- Warning: Even healthy fats can add up to the calorie account. For example, caution is required with avocados, nuts, olive, or rapeseed oil.
- Choose a maximum of two of these high-fat ingredients for your salad.
- The recommended daily requirement for fat is between 60 and 80 grams. Half an avocado alone delivers 27 grams of it.
Mistake 4: Put on Fried Side Dishes
- Many like to use chicken, prawns, or tofu to spice up the salad. It is not only tasty but also high in protein.
- But you have to be careful about the type of preparation. As soon as one of these ingredients are fried, you should keep your hands off it.
- Because although this tastes very tasty, it hides many unwanted calories.
Mistake 5: Choose Only One Type of Salad
- Feel free to choose a mix of different kinds of lettuce. Because every leaf has its vitamins and minerals, which have different effects on the body. The variation of the meal also adds variety.