Apples: Although it is a very healthy snack, the apple is also a perfect fruit to include in our dishes thanks to its sweet flavor, its aromatic notes, and its refreshing touch. Try them; they will surprise you!
The apple is one of the lightest, healthiest, and most nutritious fruits. It provides us with significant amounts of vitamins and minerals, among which vitamin C stands out, while it allows us to take care of the line thanks to its satiating power and few calories.
It is a perfect fruit to drink throughout the year. However, it is true that, in summer, its contribution to water helps us to stay hydrated, and its fiber content helps fight constipation thanks to its soluble and insoluble fiber (for this reason, it is ideal for eating it with the skin).
We also highlight the antioxidant properties of apples, which fight the damaging effects of free radicals that age our cells.
Ideas to Include Apples in Our Dishes
Although it is a healthy snack, the apple is also a perfect fruit to include in our dishes.
From Pink Lady apples, they give us some ideas for healthy and summery recipes for starters, main courses, and desserts. It is easier and more appealing for us to incorporate this nutritious fruit into our menus.
1. Millefeuille With Apple
Ingredients for 4 people: • 2 apples • 1 lime • 1 half a yellow lemon • 1 avocado • Salt • Ground pepper • 1 c. cider vinegar tureen • 200 g of fresh cheese • 1 c. a tureen of flax seeds • 250 g of sardines in oil • 50 g of pomegranate • 4 c. olive oil tureen
- To make the pate, drain the sardines, remove the central spine, and blast them with a fork. Add the lime juice and fresh cheese.
- Season to taste, and mix it all to get the consistency of a thick pate—Reserve al fresco.
Peel the avocado, remove the pit and cut it into thin slices widthwise.
- With a very smooth knife, cut the apples vertically.
- Place the first slice of apple on a plate, spread delicately with the sardine pate, and then place a few slices of avocado. Repeat the operation 2 times and finish with an apple slice. Do the same for the other three millefeuilles.
- Collect the lemon juice and pour it into a small bowl. Add the oil, cider vinegar, and ground pepper and mix well. Pour the sauce over the millefeuille and finish by adding pomegranate grains and flax seeds on top.
2. Apple Caviar Appetizer
Ingredients for 4 people: • 1 apple • 3 c. olive oil tureen • 1 spring onion • 1 lime • 1 avocado • A little Espelette pepper • Fleur de sel • 1/3 cucumber • 120 g of crab meat • 30 g of germinated leeks seeds
- Peel the avocado and cut it into compact cubes. Cut the cucumber in two lengthwise and remove the seeds. Cut the cucumber, chives, and apple into very small cubes. Cut the crab meat into thick pieces. Place all the already cut ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk in the lime juice and olive oil and add a pinch of salt. Drizzle the caviar with the sauce and mix gently. Spread the mixture into the glasses.
- Place the cups in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Before serving, decorate the caviar with a few sprouted seeds and sprinkle with Espelette pepper.
3. Puff Pastry With Brie and Apple
Ingredients for 4 people: • 2 apples • 1 egg • 1 c. brown sugar soup • 3 c. Maple syrup tureen • 60 g salted butter • 1 rectangular puff pastry • 220 g brie cheese • 4 c. apple jelly coffee • Fresh thyme
- Put the oven to preheat to 220 ° C. Wash and cut the apples into thin slices. On a baking sheet, place the apple slices, butter, and maple syrup.
- Mix a little and place in the oven for about 25 minutes until the apples are soft and the juice thickens with a jelly texture.
- Spread the puff pastry on a sheet of parchment paper and cut 4 identical rectangles. Cut the brie cheese into 4 pieces and place them on top of each box of dough.
- Put a teaspoon of apple gelatin on top of each piece of brie cheese and fold the dough’s sides on top of the brie to form a small puff pastry. Spread the puff pastry with the beaten egg and sprinkle with a little cane sugar.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, until the dough is golden brown. Before serving, pour a tablespoon of the apple juice on top of the puff pastry and sprinkle with the thyme.
4. Grilled Beef Medallion and Crispy Apple Brunoise
Ingredients for 4 people: For the apple brunoise: 1 apple • half a lemon • 2 fried celery leaves • Olive oil • Salt and pepper
For the medallions: • 4 ornaments of 200 g of beef fillet • 1 c. olive oil coffee • 10 g butter • Pepper • Fleur de sel
For the sauce: • 2 shallots • 900 ml of white wine • 6 c. soup of almond puree • 4 celery leaves • 1 c. coffee curry powder • Salt and pepper
For the presentation: • 30 g of roasted whole almonds • 6 sprigs of chervil • Fresh celery leaves • Fleur de sel
- Make the brunoise, cut the apple into small cubes, and sprinkle it with part of the lemon juice to prevent it from browning. Cut the celery stick into small cubes and join it with the apple cubes.
- Add 3 c. tureens of olive oil and the remaining lemon juice. Season with rock salt and pepper and set aside.
- Take the beef medallions out of the fridge 30 minutes before cooking. Melt the butter with the olive oil.
- Add the ornaments when the skillet is hot and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Season with freshly ground pepper. Reserve the meat on a plate.
- Cut the shallots into thin slices. Deglaze the pan that was used for cooking the meat with the white wine. Add the shallots, the celery leaves, and reduce. Remove the leaves when there is only a quarter of the liquid left.
- Add the curry and the almond puree, stirring well—heat 2 minutes over very low heat and season.
- Toast the whole almonds in a pan and then chop them. Make a bed of sauce with the help of a mold.
- Place the medallion on top and add the brunoise to the side. Sprinkle the roasted almonds, a few chervil leaves, and celery and the fleur de sel over the meat.
- To finish, add a few sprigs of chervil and a little salt in the brunoise.
5. Snook Tartar With Apples
Ingredients for 4 people: • 3 apples • 10 g of ginger • 10 sprigs of spring onion • 10 sprigs of coriander • 1 shallot • 300 g fillet of fresh bass • 1 tablespoon of olive oil • 1/4 of a lime • Salt and pepper
- Cut the fish into small 1/2 cm cubes and place them in a small bowl. Cut the cilantro and chives into thin slices. Peel and grate the ginger, peel the shallot and cut it all into very small pieces. Add all of these items to the bowl.
- Pour in the olive oil and compress the lime—season to taste. Mix well and keep the bowl in the fridge.
- Prepare the apples by cutting the top of each apple and emptying it. Cut the heads into a fan. Recover the other pieces of the apples and cut them into small cubes.
- Add them to the sea bass tartare and mix well. Fill the apples with the mixture and finish decorating with a small fan.
6. Apple Ravioli With Confit Duck and Crispy Arugula
Ingredients for 4 people: For the filling: • 2 apples • 2 shallots • 1/2 lemon • 2 confit duck legs • 2 c. duck fat tureen • Pepper and salt
For the ravioli dough: • 400 g of flour • 2 c. olive oil tureen • Salt
For the salad: • 150 g of arugula • 1 apple • 1 spring onion • 2 c. walnut oil tureen • 2 c. grapeseed oil tureen • 1 c. coffee cider vinegar • 3 sprigs of parsley • Pepper and salt
To make the filling, cut the shallots into thin slices. Detach the core of the apples with a utility knife and sprinkle them with a little lemon juice to prevent them from browning.
Cut the apples into small cubes. Cut the confit duck thighs into thin slices and put them in a bowl. In a hot skillet, sauté the shallots in the duck fat for 2 minutes.
Add the apple brunoise, the duck, and then reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes over low heat. Add pepper to taste and reserve.
To Make the Dough for the Ravioli
- pour the flour into a bowl and make a hole in the center. Inside, put the eggs, add a pinch of salt and olive oil and work the dough until it is soft and not sticky.
- If necessary, add water or flour and then form a ball and reserve cool for at least 1 hour.
Split the dough in two on a lightly floured countertop. Roll out the dough so that it is 2 millimeters thick. Make the dough portions in circles with a mold.
- To assemble the ravioli, place a small spoonful of filling in the middle of the dough circle, moisten the edges and close the dough circle by folding it in half, in the shape of a half-moon.
- Slightly squeeze the sides to close the ravioli tightly and mark them with the tines of a fork. Lightly flour the ravioli and then cook them in a large pot with salted water for 5 minutes.
- For the salad, remove the core of the apple with a utility knife and then cut it into thin sticks. Also, cut the chives. Mix the oils and vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Mash the parsley and mix with the arugula, apple sticks, chives, and generously drizzle the salad with walnut oil sauce. Serve the ravioli right away with the crunchy slaw.
7. Tuna Tataki Marinated With Sesame on a Bed of Apples
Ingredients for 4 people: For the tataki: • 400 g of tuna • 1 c. olive oil tureen • 1 cm ginger • 8 c. soy sauce tureen • 4 c. of honey coffee • 3 c. rice vinegar coffee • 2 c. sesame oil coffee • 1 c. of mixed coffee 5 species • 4 c. blond sesame tureen
For the carpaccio: • 3 apples • 1 lemon
For the sauce: • 1 lemon • 3 c. olive oil tureen • 2 c. honey coffee • 6 sprigs of spring onion • 6 sprigs of coriander • Pepper and salt
Grate the ginger. Combine the soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, and 5 spices in a bowl to make a marinade. Put the tuna inside and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Softly toast the sesame seeds in a hot skillet.
Drain the piece of tuna and reserve the rest of the marinade in the refrigerator. Cut the fish into 3 rectangular loins about 3 centimeters thick.
Pour the olive oil into a hot skillet and then seal the tuna chunks for thirty seconds on each side. Immediately place the fish in the cold marinade plate. Reserve everything in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to stop cooking.
To Prepare the Carpaccio
- Remove the core of the apples with a paring knife. Cut them very thin horizontal slices (in carpaccio). Sprinkle the apples with a little lemon juice to prevent them from browning, then put them in the fridge.
- To make the sauce, squeeze the juice of two lemons into a bowl. Cut the coriander and chives very finely. Reservation.
- Make a fine brunoise (cut into very small cubes) of apple and pour it directly into the bowl with the lemon juice. Add the oil, honey, and half of the herbs and season to taste. Mix the sauce and reserve al fresco.
- For the presentation, cut the pieces of fish into slices one and a half centimeters thick. Coat each slice of tuna in the toasted sesame. Arrange the apple slices on a plate.
- Place the tuna tataki pieces on top of the carpaccio and generously drizzle the sauce over the dish. Sprinkle the plate with the rest of the herbs and fleur de sel.
8. Summer Tiramisu With Spices and Apples
Ingredients for 4 people: • 3 apples • 15 g of sugar • 20 g of butter • 3 eggs • 1 pinch of salt • 80 g of sugar • 250 g of mascarpone • 15 cookies
- Peel and central the apples and then cut them into very small cubes. Drizzle the apples with the lime juice.
Caramelize the apples with the butter and 15 g of sugar for about 10 minutes.
- At the end of cooking, add a few drops of lime. Let cool and reserve in the refrigerator.
- Separate the yolks from the egg whites. Beat the egg yolks with 55 g of sugar until the mixture is white. Mix the mascarpone, with the yolk-sugar mixture, the rind of 1 lemon, and 1 c. lemon juice tureen.
- Mount the whites in the snow with 1 pinch of salt. Delicately add the whites in the snow to the mascarpone.
- Place the preparation in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Crush the cookies. Alternately spread a bit of biscuit, caramelized apples, and lime-scented mascarpone cream into the glasses.
- Finish with a layer of cream and garnish with some caramelized apples, crushed biscuit, and grated lime rind and serve.
9. Apple Energy Balls
Ingredients for 4 people:
• 2 apples • Half a lemon • Half c. of vanilla powder coffee • 50 g of powdered almonds • 1 c. Cardamom coffee • 50 g cashews • 2 c. a tureen of almond puree • 125 g of dates • 1 pinch of salt
- Let the cashews soak for 1 hour. In a skillet, toast the ground almonds. Grate the apples with the skin, sprinkle them lightly with lemon and leave them in a draining board for 30 minutes. Squeeze with the back of a spoon.
- Crush the cashews previously drained. Add the roasted almond powder, pitted dates, blueberries, almond puree, vanilla, cardamom, and salt pinch.
- In a bowl, pour the preparation and add the apples until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Shape balls with the palm of your hands and decorate them to your liking (with almonds, colored sugar, grated coconut, icing sugar ).
- Arrange them on a plate and let them rest cool for 30 minutes before serving.
- You can keep the energy balls in the refrigerator in an airtight container for a week. Remember to take them out 20 minutes before consuming them so that they are not hard.