You may think to avoid too much sugar prevents diabetes, but this is not the only factor. 13.8% of the adult Spanish population has type 2 diabetes, which is more than 5.3 million public, and the number is only growing.
Do you think you are innocent from suffering? You may feel that you have healthy habits and instead do some of these five things we tell you, which increases your risk of having them.
We tend to think that drinking too much sugar explains that some people have acquired type 2 diabetes, mostly due to poor diet and movement from less than one picture.
However, the reasons why a person can develop type 2 diabetes are much more complicated. Indeed, there are things that you may do that make you suffer, and you do not know. We tell you five that can endanger you
1. They usually make Fast Diets
- These diets are generally very restrictive, and, commonly, they do not perform proper maintenance afterward, which causes them to suffer the dreaded rebound effect.
- which means they can recover the lost weight and even add a few more pounds.
- According to the Center for Biomedical Research in Pathophysiology of Obesity and Nutrition (CIBERobn), this causes the body to develop the so-called insulin resistance, the “prelude” to diabetes 2.
- If you need to lose weight, do it on a diet Mediterranean follows safe guidelines.
- According to scientists from the University of Rovira and the University of Virgili, it reduces the risk of diabetes by 40%.
2. Do not renew your Nonstick Pans Frequently
- Know that they contain perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA), a synthetic chemical that also found in microwave popcorn bags, pizza boxes and other food containers, and even in dirt-repellent carpets.
- If your pans are grated, you can take this acid without realizing it.
- And what happens? This acid is known as a persistent organic compound (COP), and there have been studies, such as one from the University of Granada, that have found a relationship between the levels of individual POPs in body fat and the risk of type 2 diabetes.
3. Don’t have Breakfast
- We already know that Breakfast is not the most important meal of the day and that it means nothing, but according to a study by the University of Umea (Sweden), it can affect whether we develop type 2 diabetes or not.
- According to these experts, the non-breakfast means that we can consume rapidly absorbing carbohydrates throughout the day, which would raise blood sugar levels.
- So, even though the most important thing is the overall diet, try changing this habit. when you see that he uses cakes, candy, pizzas, juices, etc. for Breakfast. Here you have many ideas for a healthy breakfast.
4. You eat and sit on the Couch
- Doing so increases your risk of type 2 diabetes. For example, if you walk for 15 minutes, the glucose that enters the blood through food reaches the muscles to metabolized and eliminated more efficiently.
- If you stay soft in front of the TV. It’s not about doing an intense exercise, as this can make digestion difficult.
- Natural walking is enough. And in your everyday life, you must include the sport as usual, not only cardio (walking, running, swimming, cycling, inline skating) but also some weights.
- For example, according to Harvard Medical School (USA), including resistance exercises for your exercise routine, can further reduce the risk of diabetes 2 in women.
5. Your mind does not rest on converting everything
- If your stress level is high and chronic, you have an increased risk of diabetes.
- An Australian study found that women who experience persistent stress over time metabolize glucose poorly after five years.
- If you want to improve your life, here we show you how to end anxiety in five steps (and without meditating).