What Helps Against Hair Loss?
Many men suffer from age and hair loss. But young men can also be affected. It occurs when the scalp hair falls out and no longer regrows.
There are different shapes – from individual, circular bald spots to complete hair loss. Not only men are affected by this, but women or children can also suffer from it.
In men, however, hair shrinkage occurs significantly more often, especially in old age. Around 50 to 80 percent of all men suffer from hormonal hair loss, known as androgenetic alopecia.
Table of Contents
1. Hair Loss After Puberty
- The specialist for plastic and aesthetic surgery describes why genetically caused hair loss leads to losing the outer hair.
- The end product of the testosterone cycle, dihydrotestosterone (DHT), shortens the growth phase of the hair.
- They become thinner, fall out, and ultimately also the hair roots are dried so that hair no longer grows.
- Young men can also be affected. “Especially when hair loss begins early, the pressure of suffering is high for many men.
- It usually starts in the area of the receding hairline, and the vertebral vertebra then spreads and can cover the entire top coat.
- The earlier the hair begins to fall off, the more likely it will become completely bald later.
2. Obtain a Medical Opinion
- Before taking action against hair loss, illnesses as a cause should exclude by the family doctor or a dermatologist.
- Deficiency symptoms can also promote loss of hair, as well as pronounced stress in work or private life.
- After the medical clarification, It can be prevented or temporarily stopped with appropriate medication.
3. How to Act Early Against Hair Loss?
- Many hair shampoos with caffeine, zinc, or vitamin E are available over the counter and intended to support hair growth. Oral vitamins are also available in pharmacies and drug stores.
- Stiftung Warentest has tested some of these products and considers the active ingredients minoxidil and finasteride to be the most suitable.
- Although no new hair grows with it, it should at least prevent the progression of hair loss.
4. Top 5 Beauty Treatments for Men
a. Hair Transplant
- This procedure redistributes hair in the head area, giving the impression that you have more hair.
- The face looks more youthful. The method is very time-consuming because the hair is removed and transplanted individually.
- This requires specialists with a lot of experience. The procedure usually lasts one day and costs between CHF 5,200 and CHF 12,000.
- A fat build-up in the chest area, mammary gland growth, or the combination of both bothers extremely many men.
- Here plastic surgery can help with liposuction and removal of the mammary glands.
- The procedure takes place on an outpatient basis, takes place in twilight sleep, takes between one and an hour and a half, and costs between 6,000 and 7,000 francs.
Liposuction is increasingly being used by men when training-resistant fat pads disturb their well-being.
d. PRP (hair)
- During PRP blood plasma treatment, the body’s blood is centrifuged, and the platelet-rich plasma obtained from it is injected under the scalp.
- This procedure counteracts hair loss. Duration: 45 minutes.
e. Hyaluronic Acid and Nerve Poison Treatments
- More and more men are resorting to agents such as hyaluronic acid and nerve poison instead of creams to refresh their faces.
- Well done; it brings a significant refreshment to the face.
5. What to Do if You Have Acute Hair Loss?
- In the case of baldness or light spots in the hair that already exist, hair root transplantation is one way of restoring thick hair.
- Hair roots are removed from the back of the head and replanted in the affected areas.
- A Hair root transplant can be of great help to many men. Others come to terms with the situation and shave a bald head when they notice that their hair is getting lighter “.
- In these cases, it is advisable to always adequately protect the scalp from sunburn when exposed to the sun.