In everyday life, we often have stress: there is little room for a balanced diet. The time for meals is usually kept short.
The result is fast food and little variety on the plate. We go shopping with a growling stomach after work, always have these healthy 11 foods at home.
11 Healthy Foods
- Legumes are not merely prepared, but they are a suitable meat alternative, especially for vegetarians and vegans.
- They are a supplier of vegetable protein and fiber, keep you full for a long time and prevent diabetes.
- They also contain digestive ingredients. So always have a jar of lentils, corn, or beans in the pantry.
- Although oatmeal is not necessarily low in calories – around 370 calories per 100 grams – cereals help you lose weight.
- How does it work? Thanks to long-chain carbohydrates, they keep blood sugar levels at a constant level.
- Essential proteins and fiber, as well as vitamins and minerals, also contained in oatmeal.
3. Frozen berries
- Whether frozen or fresh, berries of all kinds are rich in vitamins and minerals. They are also extremely low in calories.
- They are particularly suitable as a topping for your muesli, yogurt or as an ingredient in a smoothie.
- Advantage of the frozen version, you can store berries all year round and always have some in stock.
4. Dried tomatoes
- Tomatoes are exceptionally healthy because of a substance: they contain lycopene, which is responsible for the red color of the tomatoes.
- But lycopene can do more than the just stain. It has a positive effect on your blood vessels and reduces the risk of chronic diseases such as cancer or heart disease.
- So always have a glass of dried tomatoes, tomato sauce, or juice at home.
- There are around 70 calories per 100 grams of potatoes. The prejudice that the potato is a fattening agent is not valid.
- In the form of french fries or salad, unwanted calories are hidden.
- Tip: Cut potatoes into slices and bake in the oven, season with olive oil and spices. The result is a healthy, low-calorie meal.
- Eggs contain many substances that are important for a healthy body. The egg yolk, in particular, is rich in essential nutrients, including choline.
- This is said to lower the risk of breast cancer. Other substances contained: vitamin D, vitamin B12, and vitamin A.
- Although 100 grams of quinoa contains as many calories as the same amount of pasta or rice, the Inca superfood for losing weight is trendy.
- The so-called “Inca Rice” contains only around five grams of fat. However, these have a large part of polyunsaturated fatty acids to offer.
8. Green tea
- A positive effect of green tea: it is a stimulant! Not as strong as with caffeine, but the hot drink cheers you up.
- Also, the metabolism boosts, which helps you lose weight.
- It’s not for nothing that students rely on nuts for snacks: always have walnuts, hazelnuts, or almonds in your closet.
- They help fight inflammation and contain essential fatty acids, proteins, vitamins, and minerals.
10. Whole grain bread
- It’s not always that easy with bread: you’ve bought too much – and again, it’s too hard.
- Bread is also suitable for freezing. Just don’t forget to take the desired amount out of the freezer and thaw it in time.
11. Ginger tuber
- Ginger is a real all-rounder: it can function as a tea in hot water or grated to taste with rice dishes or soups.
- It is also suitable for your health because it boosts blood circulation and metabolism