Shahi paneer is a preparation of paneer, local to the Indian continent, consisting of a thick relish of cream, tomatoes and Indian spices. Beginning with the creamy delicacies of Mughlai cuisine (hence the term “shahi”, about the royal title of Shahanshah in Mughal India).
This recipe is make ready by blend tomatoes, onions, ground cashew nuts, clarified butter and cream into a curry, with the adding of paneer cubes and a variety of spices. It is principally eaten with traditional Indian flat-breads like roti or naan, rice and bread. Paneer is attained from the Persian word for cheese, and shahi is the term for royal (about the Imperial Court of the Mughal Empire).
Similar dishes include paneer butter masala and Kadai paneer. The subtle variation between paneer butter masala and shahi paneer is that more full flavours are used in paneer butter masala. In contrast, shahi paneer has a sweeter taste when compared to paneer butter masala.
1. Nutrition Facts of Shahi Paneer
Serving Size: cup (242g grams) and Amount Per Serving
|Calories from Fat 221|
|Total Fat 25g||38%|
|Saturated Fat 11g grams||55%|
|Trans Fat 0.7g grams|
|Cholesterol 52mg milligrams||17%|
|Sodium 555mg milligrams||23%|
|Potassium 444mg milligrams||13%|
|Total Carbohydrates 12g grams||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g grams
Sugars 7.2g grams
Protein 12g grams
* Percent Daily Values are root on a 2000 calorie diet.
2. Health Benefits of Shahi Paneer
Paneer is an excellent source of protein is a known fact. Paneer is also a rich source of magnesium which assist in keep optimum blood glucose levels. Insulated airtight containers will maintain your shahi paneer piping hot and natural, the way it’s meant to be so you can have a cheerful feed away from home, wherever you are.
3. Shahi Paneer Recipe
- 3 onions sliced
- 4 tomatoes
- chopped,7-8 garlic cloves
- 1-inch ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 10- 12 cashews
- 2 tsp of shahi jeera
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 250 g paneer
- 100 g butter
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup of cream
- 1 cup of coriander chopped
- 1 tbsp condensed milk
- 1 cup of water
- Oil, for frying
- 6 -7 almonds
Spice mix for Shahi Paneer: 1 cinnamon stick, 1-star anise,3-4 cloves,2 black cardamoms,2 green cardamom
How to Prepare:
- To a pan, add oil and warmth.
- Add cut up onions and fry till they turn somewhat golden.
- Add tomatoes and prepare for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add cashews, almond nuts, garlic, ginger, salt, Shahi jeera, and butter.
- Add 1 cup of water and mix well.
- Add the whole spices and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Blend the mixture to a smooth paste.
Tip: Eliminate the whole spices from the mixture before you blend. Herbs have an extreme taste and flavour if mixed, which might overpower this light gravy.
- In the pan, add butter, chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander leaves and paneer. Mix competently and let it simmer on low flame
Tip: To make the paneer cubes soft, add them to the bowl of warm water and keep them immersed for only 5 minutes.
- Add the combined paste to the pan, and add some water to it.
- Add condensed milk and salt as per taste and cook for 10 mins by covering the skillet with a lid.
- Add cream and prepare for an additional 2 minutes.
- Garnish with cream, cashews and coriander.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
4. Shahi Paneer Without Cream Recipe
- 250 gms of Paneer (cut in cubes) How to make paneer
- 3 tbsp of clarified butter
- 1-inch piece of ginger (finely chopped)
- 1 green chilli (slit lengthwise)
- 1 onion (grated)
- 4 tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 brown cardamoms (crushed)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup beaten curd
- 30 gms melon seeds or 2 tbsp cashew nut paste
- 1tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp coriander leaves (finely chopped)
How To Make Shahi Paneer Without Cream:
- Soak the melon seeds or cashew nuts whichever you are taking for at least 2 hrs and then crush them to a smooth paste.
- Warmth 2 tbsp of ghee in a Kadai, add on onion, ginger, green chilli and brown cardamoms. Cook till onion turns translucent. Add tomatoes, cover it and prepare for 7-8 minute.
- Add on curd and cashew nut, or melon seeds paste. Prepare for 3-4 minute and eliminate from fire.
- Chill off the above ingredients and place them in a grinder along with 1/2 cup of water. Strain the puree.
- Take a frying pan, add on 1 tbsp of ghee and add the above pureed paste and cook for 10 minutes on little flame till oil separates.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala and tomato sauce. Add sufficient water so that there can be thick gravy.
- Keep on a low burn and cook for 5-7 minute. Eliminate from fire.
- At the hour of serving heat the gravy and add on paneer pieces.
- Add milk and blend well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Note: To make the dish creamier, you can replace
- milk with 1/4 cup cream.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander leaves.
Can We Put Yoghurt in Shahi Paneer?
Shahi paneer is famous in Indian restaurants and it is made in a few different ways. Like to the other Mughlai foods, this shahi paneer is prepared with nuts, onions, spices & yoghurt or cream. The use of yoghurt or curd elevates the taste of the gravy with the aroma of flavours infused.